Aug 4, 2007

Summer growth....


Where does time fly??? It seems as if just yesterday I was finding out and surprising Sean with the news that I was pregnant...later to find out it was a boy and we named him Jaron. This summer has been a great time of growth for Jaron. He is entering 2nd grade this year. I remember when he took his first steps...and now he is running around the baseball diamond!
Just the other day I sat and was watching him ride his bike for the first time without training wheels. He was and is so proud of himself! I am too! You see at the beginning of the summer we removed his training wheels by his request. He tried it a few times, fell, and just gave up. He parked his bike in the shed and He said, "It can stay there, rust away and become home to the spiders!" with tears in his eyes he ran to his room and slammed the door.
It broke my heart to see him so discouraged. We tried all summer to get him to try again. He just kept saying, "No I'm a failure at everything!" So as the summer progressed and baseball was underway, I heard those words again..."I'm a failure at everything!"...when he couldn't catch the ball. He at
one time wanted to quit but we wouldn't let him reassuring him that "through Christ he could do anything!" When he caught the first ball I was so proud of him and even out in the outfield I could see this huge smile on his face as his team and coaches were yelling, "Way to Go Jaron!"
Now as he rides his bike in circles around the other kids with his badges of courage; scraped up knees, elbows and even his toes are pretty torn up toes (refuses to wear his shoes...he'll learn...won't he Uncle Ronnie!) I see in him a changed little boy. He is growing up so fast!
I use to sing this little song when he was a baby, the other night he asked me to sing his song to him before going to sleep....treasured moments that I shall always hang on to...

"You are my baby, my little boy
Mommy loves you and daddy does too.
You are my baby, my little boy
Mommy loves you and daddy does too.

One day you'll gorw up
One day you'll move away
But in my heart
You'll Always stay...my little boy"

I love you Jaron!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was a cute song, melissa! it's Kaelyn. The diaper heads!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell the kids i miss all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!