Nov 6, 2011

My Friends

I am so thankful for my friends!  I am blessed to say I have many in my life. Some are life time friends, the ones that no matter the distance or time, as soon as you get together it's as if you've never been apart. I have different types of friends...ministry friends, blog friends -people I am friends with because of blogging and would love to meet in person (a few I have and am so grateful to have them in my life!), and others.  I am blessed with many lifetime friends and I am thankful for all of them.  A few that come to mind right now are Angie, Marty, Deanna, Michele, Jessica, Elaine and Leah.  Today I want to dedicate this post to my friend Martha (Marty).  Today is her birthday!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTY!!!
   She is amazing, an encourager and a prayer warrior.  We met at MSU (Morehead State University) and became instant friends.  You know the kind where you meet and immediately know that you will be friends for life...yep that's the kind.  Honestly most of my college roomies are FFL friends.  We have been friends for 17 years!!  Marty has been by my side through so many of life's ups and downs.  She was there when Sean and I started dating, she was there the day he proposed, there the day we got married standing in as one of my brides maids (matron of honor...she did get married 4 months before me).  She was there the day I gave birth to Seanpatrick, she and her mom came to the hospital to support us.  She came to my room where I was holding him and she was able to see how beautiful he was.  She was there the day we buried him as well.  A true support she and Michael were for us. Marty celebrated with us the births of our other children and us theirs. She has been an encourager when we were struggling in ministry and when I just needed someone to listen and pray.  We always have a great time together and thankfully our children love each other as well.  When we lived miles apart we took turns taking vacations to see each other, we have also gone on vacation with them (a VERY cherished memory). I am positive my life would be very different without her in it. 
   So today is her birthday (Happy Birthday Marty)!  I am so thankful that God placed you in my life 17 years ago!  You have been such a constant friend, through good times and bad.  I only hope I have been the same kind of friend to you as you have been to me.  I know God has some great things planned for you!  I love you and thank you for your friendship over these years!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: