Nov 16, 2011

My Extended Family

"The family.  We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."  ~Erma Bombeck

Ronnie
Jeannette
Bryan
This month is half over and I am enjoying this adventure of sharing things I am thankful for. How could I ever get through a day, week, month or year without my extended family?  By that I mean my siblings....Ron, Chris, Jeanette, and Bryan and their families.  I love my brothers and sister so very much.  They all live in Florida where I am originally from.  We grew up in a close knit family with me being the oldest.  For the longest time it was just Ron, Chris and I.  Oh how I prayed for what seemed like forever for a sister, even wishing on a star and not long after that God blessed me with my little sister and then with our baby brother Bryan. We had such great times when we were younger.  I have many cherished memories of our times sliding down the stairs on mattresses, swimming in our pool, playing football together, playing "cars" in the dirt with my brothers, playing "house and babies" with my sister...oh how I miss them terribly.     
Chris
         Each of them are unique, fun, loving and crazy.  They have always supported me and been there when we needed them the most.  They were there when Sean and I got married, lost our little boy and celebrated with us the birth of the diaperheads.  I can't imagine my life without them in it.  We don't get to see each other as much as I would like but I am again thankful for Facebook.  Through Facebook we are able to see what's going on with each other, share pictures, chat and tease each other through our comments.  They mean the world to me as do their families.  I am so thankful to have my three baby brothers and little sister and pray that God would bless them abundantly.

 Ron, Chris, Jeanette, and Bryan
         I LOVE YOU!!!  
 

No comments: