Sep 30, 2008

Absent...

from blogging. The last few days, well actually since Friday night I have been tending to sick kids again. Not sure what in the world is going on but Friday night lets just say I had to change my clothes twice. The babies as we call them, even though they are 4 1/2 yrs old, one right after the other got sick all over me! If there is anything I can't stand its drool and a close second is the contents of a sick stomach! Specially if its all over me!

So as the weekend progressed, Sunday arrived and I was ready to teach the kids in children's church....but Sara was still weak from being sick and Eli was still very sick, not keeping anything down. "Poor little fella," as Sara says. Naturally Momma ends up with it too. YUCK! Thankfully I just had an upset stomach for 24 hours. But Eli, is still sick. We took him to the doctor today just to make sure there was no dehydration going on. Thankfully he is doing better tonight. Keeping everything in and was able to eat a few chips with his flat sprite. Which is great! The little guy lost 4 lbs in 5 days. Not good!

Anyway, during this time I have been busy searching for pictures to create a picture story board for Kristofer. A picture story board basically tells him what happens when and gives him a schedule. Our afternoons are the toughest around here so the story board I am hoping will give us a bit less craziness. Last night I had Kristofer help me put the pictures in order of what he wants to do. I made only one correction for him...computer time after homework. He chose the spot to hang it as well.
Today was the first day of using it fully and it went great! When he began to have a bit of a meltdown I just said, "Go look at the story board!" He came back said, "ok home work is next!" Easiest day of doing homework we have had! That and I have incorporated the trampoline into out homework time. He does one or two problems and then gets to jump. It gives him the outlet he needs and he comes back and sits down to do the next couple of problems. It's been great doing it this way!













Today Kristofer was having problems with everyone being near him. So he put on this baseball helmet and said, "I am protected from the evil invaders!" I guess that is how he sees all his sibs when they are in his personal space...as invaders! I had to take the pictures of him, he was just to funny as he was saying these things.

God is so good. No matter what comes my way I will praise Him!







There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring
And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

chorus:
How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives
And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

chorus

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne.

No comments: