Feb 26, 2008

My thoughts....

I haven't actually posted in a few days. Sure I have posted praise songs but not actual writings. Mainly because I have been super busy this past week creating a website for a friend's salon/spa. Becky bought my Mom's spa and she needed a little help. So I helped her out. You can check out what I did at www.simplicitydayspa.org I think I did a great job for a complete amateur. I love doing it. It's a lot of fun, time consuming but fun. I am in the beginning stages of making one for our church as well. Once I get it done I will post it here for everyone to check it out.
So what's with all the praise songs you might ask...well lets just say I have a lot to be thankful for this week. Also I find when you are in pain it is always good to listen to some good praise songs and take the focus off of you and put it on God. That is what I have had to do this week. I have been in terrible pain since Wed. night. My Florida knee ~ I call it that because that is where it was injured tripping down some steps ~ has tendinitis or at least that is what the doc thinks without doing any tests. It is over stressed right now because of not being able to use my other leg due to the surgery. Needless to say I have been in pain the kind of pain that makes you say things like just cut it off. Not really meaning it just being in pain. Yes I am taking my pain meds, icing it and staying off of it as much as possible. But that is pretty hard to do with 4 kids when your husband has to work. I have not had much sleep. In fact I think last night was the first night in 4 nights that I got more than 3 hours of sleep.
Praise songs are what soothes my soul. Gives me peace and I love listening to them as well as singing them. Sean my loving hubby has blessed me this weekend. He has been wanting to get me a MP3 player for sometime now. Tried at Christmas and for our anniversary and I just kept telling him no. I didn't see the point in having one. Well let me tell you something, he got me one...a Samsung P2 video/MP3 touch screen player. I LOVE IT! It is so much easier than dragging out the cds and using a big boom box...hmmm can you tell I was a teen in the 80's. I absolutely love this thing. It has the best sound, and the pictures for videos (music or movies) is as great as having a HD tv. It is great! I LOVE IT! Did I say that enough?
Anyway I have laid listening to my praise songs praying for relief and sleep. Last night I got some tonight I am not sure what is going to happen. I honestly had a good day but right now my Florida knee is giving me some problems. I can't get comfortable and I have taken all the meds I am allowed at the moment. I can't take anything till 4 am and its 1:30 am right now. It's just another late night for me. UGH!

No comments: