Feb 11, 2008

Celebrating Today!!

Hallelujah! I am free from that lovely medicine called coumadin! YAHOO! No more blood thinners! I am clot free! I left my house this morning excited with he prospect of seeing other human beings (other than my husband and kids) today and going shopping. Now here is the thing I want to share the most with you. When I left the hospital I was given my appointment time for today's ultrasound on my legs. It was set for 1:15. Which I thought was great being that Sean had to do the over night shift. It meant he would be able to get a little more sleep time. Well last Thursday I got a call saying my apt. was at 11:15. I figured ok that would be better because we would at least be home by the time the kids go out of school and we wouldn't have to get someone to pick them up.
Well I get to the hospital, get checked in and waited maybe 10 minutes and the tech comes out to get me. She proceeds to ask me if Icame early because of the storm that is coming our way. A winter storm as it is called...meaning we could get snow, ice, sleet and freezing rain. Bad stuff when mixed together. I looked at her and said no that I have been called by a woman on Thursday telling me my apt was at 11:15. She tells me normally it is a man (Doug) that does the apt calls so she was confused. I looked at her and said well maybe an angel called and changed it so that I could get home before it got bad outside. She just smiled.
Now I believe in angels and God was definitely looking over us and preparing today for us because not only did I only wait 10 mins to get it (norm wait is at least 30 mins) and we had Eli & Sara with us but as we left the hospital the storm started. Sleet every where and it took a matter of 3 minutes for the roads to start getting slick and dangerous.
Unfortunately we did not get to go shopping but we did grab lunch as we drove home. I was a short outing but it was nice to get out of the house. Another reason I believe God had a hand in today's events ... had my original apt time been correct we would not have been home to get the boys. On our way home I thought I better call home and check our messages, good thing I did. WE were about 5 minutes away from home when we learned that the boys were being released from school within the next 15 minutes. Had I not called we would not have gone straight home and the boys would have walked home and been stuck outside in the freezing cold. God was not only watching out for us but for our kids as well.
Next Monday I go to see the surgeon and I will be 4 weeks post op! I am so hoping that he will release me to do ROM exercises. Until then I can now rest easy knowing that I am clot free and no longer taking terrible meds.
Out side is looking more like a winter wonderland again. We have about 1/4 inch of ice on the vehicle windows which means the ground is probably worse. According to http://www.weatherunderground.com/ we are looking at 2-8 inches of snow and possibly up to 3/4 inch of ice falling before the snow comes. We are hoping that we will be spared the ice storm so that we do not lose electric or our heat! Keep us in your prayers~
Today as all days God is worthy of our praise~

The song I have sang all day is this:

Words and Music by JAMES HUEY

When I think about the Lord

How He saved me, how He raised me

How He filled me with the Holy Ghost

How healed me to the uttermost

When I think about the Lord

How He picked me up and turned me around

How He placed my feet on solid ground


It makes me wanna shout

Hallelujah, thank You Jesus, Lord, You’re worthy

Of all of the glory, and all of the honor

And all of the praise


Maddy said...

Well I'm very glad that you're free of it.
Best wishes

Angela said...

Oh I love how God intervenes at times when we cannot predict how things will go. He certainly had you in mind when you went to that appointment!