Mar 18, 2008

FREEDOM!

FREEDOM!!! FREEDOM!!!

When you type in freedom and do a word search the images that come up are of the American flag, Statue of Liberty, posters of anti-slavery, freedom of speech and religion, broken chains and eagles soaring over mountain ranges. What I did not find is my type of freedom.






The freedom to walk without a brace! I still have to walk with crutches but no more brace! Yes today is a brand new day for me. I am so excited. Dr Morgan gave me great news. Everything is healing perfectly. So now I can start walking and he wants me to start riding the stationary bike not only during PT but also 30 mins a day twice a day to help with my range of movement. I am now 8 weeks post op and free. I am allowed to drive around the neighborhood to start with until I gain more strength in my knee and leg muscles.



Until you have relied on someone else to drive you around and or have been cooped up in a house do to having surgery and non mobility you have no idea what a breath of fresh air means. I am very happy!
In fact I just can't stop praise God for today!

I have posted a song from youtube.com "How Can I keep From Singing " by Chris Tomlin...enjoy!

No comments: