Jul 5, 2008

July 4th Family Events

ok so I can't figure out why but for some reason I can't get my pictures down where I want them. I wrote my post first and then addedthe picture but the won't budge from being the first things you see. SO enjoy the pictures and then read my post. Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!
Kristofer, showing off his sparkler!
Jaron growing up so fast, still looks like my dad only with blond hair!
Eli showing of his home made tshirt and Sara was fixing her bike...not that it needed it!

Here is the guard of the feeder. Read my post below tp find out what I mean!



Sara wanted to put the sparklers in her hair to look beautiful,that about flipped momma out!



You can barely make out the bird in the leaves
but this was one of the chasing away events!



Today has been such a nice day. Despite the nasty thunderstorms we had earlier this morning. In fact our house was quiet till 10 am. Everyone but me slept in. Naturally when I could use the extra sleep I can't sleep. The reason I couldn't sleep is the same as it has been since Jan. Severe knee pain. In fact I haven't posted about my pain here but if you pray I could use some prayer for healing. I am in constant pain from my knee I had surgery on in Jan. Six months of nonstop pain that causes me to not be able to walk without crutches or prescription pain meds. I go to see my Orthopedic Surgeon on July 22 I am hoping for some answers and some relief. Please pray for healing.

So anyway I was up at 6 am posting the previous post and working on some fun business things for a friend of mine. One by one the kids woke up and after lunch it finally had stopped raining. I love rain when I get to sleep in or just snuggle in bed with a good book. But that was not what I got to do today. Which was fine! This evening Sean had to work and the kids and I enjoyed the evening sitting on our porch watching the hummingbirds coming to our feeder. At one point we had two come dive bomb us on the porch and we were laughing hysterically. I was like, what has gotten into these birds when I looked at Jaron. He had a nice bright red shirt on just like the feeder! In the house he ran to change his shirt!

DO you know how hard it is to catch a humming bird on film? I do! It is very difficult! But Jaron and I were able to get a few fantastic pictures. We had about 5 humming birds zipping by for about 3 hours. They tend to feed late afternoon right before and during sunset time. There was one bird that claimed the feeder as his own. He would hide in the tree leaves and any time another bird came to sip some nectar he would attack and chase them off. It became rather comical and the kids were starting to bet on how long it would take for him to chase off the others. We also enjoyed our neighbors fireworks which were being shot over our house! No kidding directly above our house from our back yard neighbors. Plus we had some neighbors down the street that were shooting them off as well. We did the norm around here and enjoyed sparklers. All in all today was a nice day with the kids!









No comments: