Jan 13, 2008

One week and counting

Well the official count down has started. The kids are counting down the days till Granma Dee-Dee and Grampy Mac-Mac get here. I am counting down the days till the surgery. Honestly I never thought the last 6 weeks would fly by so fast! It was the week after Thanksgiving that we made the decision to go forward with the surgery and now we are a week away. Just seems so fast! There have been many days lately that I think maybe we should cancel the surgery or postpone it. But then I have days like I have had the last few days and realize I have to do this to get my life back! The last 4 days have been nothing but constant pain and my knee giving out on me. It's not a pleasant feeling when you can literally touch your knee cap and can feel it go back in place (or in my case back to where it started but not in place completely due to
mal-tracking).
I have been working hard at getting things organized and such for my mom and for Sean. Thankfully Mom has already been here once before after I had gall bladder surgery and she knows the basic routine of the house. Sean does to but it is usually me that says, ok Sean this has to be done or its time for this when it comes to the kids. Now I have posted up on my wall a Helping Hands chart so the kids as well as Sean knows what chores they are responsible for. I also have a chart with the usual activities for the afternoon such as homework starts at 4:30 and the bedtime routine. It should make the week my parents are here go smoother for Sean. This way he has something to look at instead of asking me. Specially since I will be in the hospital for a few days.
I think I have gotten everything ready. We have purchased the wood for the ramp my father will make so it is easier to get in the house, will be picking up the wheel chair on Sat, have a bunch of gel ice packs ready (been advised to have a bunch!), got a few puzzle books for me to do since tv is not that great during the day and I probably won't get much access to the computer. Trying to think ahead and stay ahead of the game. Should prove to be interesting that much I can say!
This week 4 years ago, I was in the hospital trying desperately to stop our twins from coming too soon. The little boogers just wanted to make sure they debuted much sooner than they needed to. Those days I wasn't counting down I was trying to keep counting forward in how many days they stayed in gestation. They made it to 33 weeks 4 days. It's amazing how much a day can make in the womb to a little preemie. I can't believe my "babies" are going to be 4 on Tuesday. My goodness the days go by so fast! It's hard to not think of them as my babies and then Eli will say things like, "I'm not a baby anymore Mom!" Normally it's "Mommy this and Mommy that" today it was "Mom (Eli -giggle) I can do it myself!" Once they were born then it became the count down to when we could bring them home. For us thankfully it was only 3 weeks later (the longest 3 weeks of my life!). They came home Feb 13...our Valentine's Day gifts!
Boy I remember so much from then, not much from the first year just the first weeks. But that is another blog I plan to do later in the week for their birthday. I can tell you that we plan to celebrate their birthday on Sunday, instead of their actually day the 22nd due to my surgery. So I will make sure to post pictures of them opening gifts and blowing out candles as well.
Good night all!

No comments: