Jan 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!


Happy New Year!

My prayer for all of you is that God would richly and

abundantly bless you and yours with good health,

strength and a harvest too big to contain,

may your barns be full of provision for you so that

your overflow may bless a multitude of others!





Our New Year's Eve Party...



Basically the kids and I made homemade pizzas tonight and they watched a smorgage board of movies ranging from "Cars" to cartoons of "The Hulk". Sean spent time praying at the church when we were making dinner and I spent time searching for more info on my impending knee surgery.



Let me tell you something about this impending knee surgery...I am a little uneasy to be honest. I found a great site called http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php
it has message boards and general info. I love the message boards because there are real people sharing their experiences with the surgery and post-op about the same surgery I am having. There are so many different experiences. Some leave the same day of the surgery and others leave 3 days after. Some are able to have weight bearing and others not for 6wks to 6 mo. All have said the first 2-3 weeks are the worse for pain and mobility and I do not look forward to that! Thankfully my parents will be here the first week and Sean has asked for the next two weeks off. He may end up using all of his sick time and vacation time up just to help me and that bothers me. We have been hoping and planning to take a week vacation to NY in the spring and a week to Florida late summer/early fall. This may put a bit of a damper on our plans. The surgery and my thoughts are worth a blog of their own....



Later close to midnight eastern time, Sara and I could be found in her room cleaning and rearranging. She did more playing and rearranging her doll house furniture while I did most of the cleaning and rearranging of her furniture and toy houses. The boys could be heard playing super heroes in the living room. All waiting for midnight here Southern Illinois. Right now all of them are watching Santa Clause 3 for the umpteenth time while I am trying to get my knee to relax as I type this. Sean is working. Although we are grateful that he is working it is the first time in 12 years that we are not together on New Years Eve. (Sean you own me a dance and a kiss! ~ Love you honey!)



I do hope you all are having a safe and happy new year's celebration! I also hope that one your your resolutions this year is to draw closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Be blessed!


No comments: