Jul 22, 2012

Saying Goodbye

This morning we said goodbye to my niece and nephews.  Our children just love their cousins!!!  Before we moved to IL we lived in FL for 6 years.  Which is where all 4 of our kids were born.  Jaron grew up with Brock and Kaelyn practically.  I took care of them during the day from the time he was 6 weeks old till we moved to IL.  They are very attached to those two big kids and after this summer they are even more attached.  They were all very sad about them leaving today.
 
My beautiful niece Kaelyn
  
Mr. Brock, my wonderful nephew.
This summer we have had the awesome privilege of getting to spend time with my youngest brother, Bryan's, son Aiden.  Aiden is just a year younger than our twins so they haven't gotten many chances to spend time with him.  This is actually only the 2nd time that they even remember playing together.
Aiden sandwiched in with my diaperheads!
The kids have had such a great time playing with Aiden.  In fact Eli shared how much he wishes we lived closer to him.  All of the kids feel that way.  Even Aiden was upset about having to leave and had tears in his eyes as he said good bye.  I love my nieces and nephews, all of them have a place in my heart and this is one of the hardest parts about not living near family.
End of the day, last picture at the Cincinnati Zoo.
We have lived away from my family for 6 years and have never lived any where close to Sean's family.  I know it is hard on him as well to be so far apart from family.  That is one great thing about Facebook!  We get to talk to the nieces and nephews and see what they are up to daily.  It is a great way to keep in contact other than on the phone or through letters.  But NOTHING compares to actual face to face time. 
 

No comments: