Jul 29, 2012

His Grace Academy

So now that you know the name of our home school let me share a little bit of what I am thinking and feeling about this new school year.
      * Nervous
     * Amazed
     * Positive
     * Disappointed 
     * Happy
     * Excited
  Yep I'm a little emotional and rightfully so.  This is a huge adventure that we are starting on as a whole family.  Last year was the first year of home schooling and it was only our oldest son.  This year I will have essentially 4 different grades to contend with and although I have all the curriculum we need to do so I am still nervous. I think mainly it is because we are breaking free of the "norm" when it comes to educating our children.  It is something I have wanted to do since before my kids were born.  But due to a variety of reasons we decided it was best at the time to start them in public.  Every year I battled with do/don't we home school and up until last year I kept thinking I couldn't do it. Then the Lord impressed on me that with His help I could do it. Hence the name "His Grace Academy" was born.  God has been so good to us and has blessed us with all of the resources we have needed for each child.
  So why do I have "disappointed" as one of the feelings listed you ask.  Well it's because some family members do not support our plan.  Sure it's our family and it shouldn't matter what others think  and in general that is true.  But it still helps to know your immediate family supports you and your children.  In this case we really don't have the support like I thought we would.  It is sad and disappointing but it will not stop us from doing what we feel is right for our children.
  Yesterday while I was preparing our lessons on the Olympics for this coming week I came across this scripture,
“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.”  Proverbs 16:3
 I have decided that this will be our memory verse for the year and our focus! No matter what we will succeed with His help, with His guidance and in that I will place my trust!

1 comment:

Anthea in UK said...

I found your blog by googling Assemblies of God and homeschooling -- guess what we have in common?

I approve of what you are doing. Small comfort, but continue daring to be a Daniel