Nov 3, 2010

November is Dedicated to Being Thankful.

November…where has this year truly gone? I feel like every year passes by so quickly anymore. Maybe it’s because I am getting older but honestly I think it has more to do with I am so busy being Mom that I blink and the year disappears. So in three weeks from tomorrow we will be celebrating Thanksgiving. Honestly Thanksgiving should not be set to just one day but be a life style. The last couple of days I have been thinking about what I am thankful for and how I want to go about sharing it. I thought about doing 30 days of Thanksgiving and then I thought no I will just do Thankful Thursdays. But that just didn’t appeal to me as well. I even considered making a list of things I am thankful for. Which is something we need to do, the Bible tells us to “count your blessings name them one by one.” But that isn’t really what I want to do either. Oh I probably will make out a list this month and share it. Actually I plan to do that anyway but I wanted to take some time to really share what I am thankful for and why.

So today on my way to take the kids to school (which was much better day than Monday) I was thinking about what I am thankful for and it was instantly…I am thankful for our van! Actually I am thankful for the provision of our vehicles! You see Sean and I have been married almost 14 yrs which surely doesn’t feel as long as it sounds. In the time we have been married we have been blessed with 4 ½ vehicles. I mean given, tax free, payment free, gifts from God. Sure they were all used but every time one has died God has supplied another one. I say 4 ½ because with our van we were blessed with ½ of what it cost. We are very blessed right now that we do not have any car payments!! When we found out our then large car (Lincoln Town Car) was turning into a compact car because our family was not only increasing but increasing with twins, both Sean and I said ok God you are blessing us with twins, our children are doubling (from 2 to 4 children) we said, Lord you have to provide. We were blessed when we found our minivan that sits 7 and then were blessed with half of the money. I will not post all those who have blessed us because although we are VERY, VERY, VERY GRATEFUL for their obedience to God and for blessing us, we believe they were an agent of the Lord and I am sure they would not want to be named or “glorified” for blessing us.

Relatively each vehicle has been in good to excellent condition. Some have need a bit of work but most have been tag and drive. When I sit down and think of all the ways God has come through it encourages me to know that if He did it before He can and will do it again. He always supplies what we need when we need it. Sometimes it has gotten pretty dark and the storms seem to rage with hurricane force winds but all He has to do is say, “Peace be still,” and the storm ceases to exist. Right now a storm is brewing and it is starting to get dark here (and I am NOT talking about a natural storm) I mean we need Him to speak, “Peace be still,” and come to the rescue. I am not asking Him to wipe away our debt or bills, I am asking Him to give us the means (whether better paying jobs (a job for me) or a large financial gift) so that we can tend to what needs to be tended to.

So today I chose to be thankful for the blessings of our payment free, older, in need of some repairs, vehicles! As long as they run, are safe and get our family to where we need to go I will forever be thankful for these blessings!

No comments: