Sep 14, 2010

Holy Kids

My little man Eli! He has been begging me to pull this tooth out since May! Seriously! He hates being last for stuff like this. His twin sister Sara lost both of her top teeth this summer and he has felt a little left out. Today his big brother yanked it out. He came screaming into the living room, "Mommy it's out!" and then came the worried voice..."Will the tooth fairy find me?" I reassured him that if he put his tooth under the pillow he was sure to find some treasure under it in the morning :)
A dear friend, Deanna, posted this under this picture I placed on Facebook with the same title, "In more ways than one! They are being raised in the ways of the Lord." I agree with her 100%. I am not perfect! Never have been and never will be. But what I do know is that we are doing our best to instill faith in God and teaching our kids about His ways and how important it is to pray daily. To be thankful for the little things and rejoice with their siblings when something good happens and be compassionate and want to pray for each other when things are not so good. The Bible tells us to "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Prov 22:6
I pray that all four of my kids when they get older will serve the Lord. That doesn't I want them to go into ministry. That is an individual walk. Sometimes you hear people say, "Jonny will one day take over the family business." That is not something I am forcing on my kids. Yes I want them to serve the Lord but they don't have to be a pastor to do that. I am also not saying that I would discourage them from full time ministry. It's a rough job, consists of a lot of sacrifice but is SO WORTH IT! So for now we will keep teaching them God's ways, teaching them what the Bible says and keep praying over them daily.

No comments: