Jun 10, 2013

A Day at the Pond

One of the benefits of living here in KY are my best friends...college roomies to be exact.  Many years ago God gave me a word that I would go away to school and would meet my life long friends.  Well that prophecy came true the year I moved to KY in 1994 to attend Morehead State University in Morehead, Ky.  Two of my best friends are Angie and Marty.  They are my life lines and have been with me through many things.  I couldn't live without them in my life.  No kidding!  They keep me sane, pray with and for me and just let me be me with no "make up" to hide the flaws.  Not many people can say they have those kids of friends.  My only hope is they feel the same about me....the being able to be a no make up kind of friend that is.
   Anyway a few weeks ago, Angie invited us to go up to her fathers place in Stanton and visit a wonderful little pond that is loaded with tadpoles.  It was a great family field trip again.  I am so happy that Sean was able to go with us.  It was great getting to know her father and  step mom and just get to spend time with the kids (her son Cameron too).  The kids had a ball catching tadpoles, newts and seeing all the different kinds of dragon flies. It was about a mile hike to and from the pond from her dad's place and it was a wonderful time.  LOVED being on top of a mountain and the view we had of the pond and the surrounding area was wonderful!







No comments: