Jul 19, 2011

God's Dresses

Our Bubble Princess!
This blog entry is about our princess and her prayers!
Lately I have been hearing, "Mommy I want...." a lot around our house. I have just about had enough of the diaperheads asking for all kinds of things, mostly toys but my daughter Sara has been asking for a new dress.Wanting the kids to learn something about prayer I have started telling my kids take their needs and desires to God in prayer. They are all old enough to pray and ask the Lord to supply their needs and wants according to His will. So a few days ago when Sara asked me for a new dress I told her she needed to pray that God would bless her with dresses she likes. Well she prayed :) and God supplied! God heard her prayers and blessed my daughter with 12 beautiful dresses and a beautiful winter dress coat! Not only those items, but some other wonderful things such as new shirts, ponchos, fall and winter jackets to name a few. I hung the dresses up around her room to remind her that God didn't just bless her with ONE dress but with TWELVE beautiful dresses! She was so excited! So was I! She tried each of them on and modeled for her Daddy and I!Isn't just like God to not only answer His child's prayer but do it abundantly!!! I can't thank God enough for how He has made Himself real to her but also me once again. :) His word tells us,
"And my God will supply all your needs according
to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Phil 4:19

1 comment:

Melissa Davis said...

That's awesome and an great way to teach our kids about prayer...

The dresses are beautiful :)