Jul 15, 2010

What a week...

This week has been so full! Full of kids laughter, singing and just plain excitement. Our church has joined with another church and is hosting VBS this year again. This time we are holding it at our church instead of in the city park. Of which I must say I am happy about. It has been WAY TOO HOT to do just about anything outside. The kids have had a blast. What I think surprises me the most this year is that all four of my kids are enjoying it...of which I was not able to say last year.
This year I am in charge of organizing snacks and preparing them, teaching the 1& 2 graders and leading worship in the opening and closing sessions. Jaron has been helping me do puppet shows as well. I must admit I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing puppets. It is the one area of ministry that I love the most. The kids seem to really enjoy it as well. :)
This week also has brought about a few family decisions that have been in the works for some time. I am not able to share what those are as of yet but they are huge and life changing. When able I will share here what is taking place. I can say we are excited about what God is up to and to be honest nervous as well. Sean and I are seeking God in every step and know we are on the right course. Lately our theme song is "While I'm Waiting"...
So much to think about, pray about and just waiting on the Lord for direction and guidance as we take these steps forward not knowing what His plans are. We only know He is in control.
Today we learned that Sara does indeed need surgery to close an umbilical hernia we thought had closed on it's own. Remarkably as much as we have told her she has no fear! :) Which I must say is a relief. I am sure as the day approaches she will have more questions and may become apprehensive. I am praying she won't though. Monday is the big day. UGH! I really hate that she has to go through this!

No comments: