Jan 6, 2010

Date Night

YAY! Sean and I had a date night! One to celebrate our anniversary. 13 years! I still can't believe it's been that long! It is so important for couples to celebrate these milestones in their marriage. I hear too often people say, "Oh, he/she knows I love her" or "It's just another day when you get this old"! NOT! NOT! NOT! In today's society people enter marriage with the thought...if it's too hard I will just get a divorce. Never taking the covenant of marriage seriously! We have a couple in our church that just celebrated 50 years of marriage and another couple that is about to do the same thing in Feb. 50 years of marriage! Can you imagine your 50th? I hope and pray that Sean and I live long enough to celebrate our 50th!!! He will be 86 and I 76. I truly hope we get to celebrate that awesome amount of time! But even so no one should look at another year of marriage as "just another day/year" It should be celebrated. Even if you are only able make peanutbutter sandwiches and go sit at a park. Celebrate your marriage!!
We did and had a fantastic time! We went out to see a movie, "Blindside"

and then to dinner at Applebee's. We haven't gone on an official "date" in a long time. We had such a great time. The movie, "Blindside" was AWESOME! I highly recommend everyone going to see it! I don't normally make the statement..."I want to buy it when it comes out on dvd" very often but that was one of the first statements I made when the movie ended.
Then it was off to dinner. We had to wait 40 minutes to be seated but it was well worth it. I can't tell you how nice it was to just sit and talk without the diaperheads interrupting us. We needed this night so much! More than anyone could ever know. We talked about the past 13 year and more importantly talked about our future. We made some important decision that I am not at liberty to discuss here but when I finally am free to talk about it you know I will. Some of you may already know becuase we are BFs but publicly I can not discuss some of it.
We are excited about what our future holds for us and for our family. It's amazing...this year Sean will turn 50, I will turn 40 ~ yes I said it, 40 wow I can't believe its that number. But what is even more scary is our oldest is going to turn 10 this year! : ( Where does the time go??
I cherish these days so much. I know one day our house will be quiet all the time but for now I cherish the quietness of my house while the kids are at school. We are expecting a big snow storm later tonight. Which means the kids will more than likely be home for the next few days due to the roads being bad. It has been SO COLD! We have not reached 32 degrees in over a week. I am a FLORIDA girl and I am so longing to be back in that warm area! Even if they have been having some cold snaps too!
The kids are so excited about the snow! Honestly so am I! I love the first snow fall but after that it can go away. I love snow flakes. They are so beautiful. I hope we get BIG FAT ones so I can take some pictures of them as they fall and the intricate way they are formed. We shall see. If I succeed I will most definitely post them.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Thanks the clip brought tears to my eyes- gee I wonder who I thought of? :) I have to go see this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!