Dec 26, 2007

T'was the day after Christmas

Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse...(better not be). AHHH quiet....the last 3 days have been nonstop activity in the Kelly house! It started Christmas eve..actually a few weeks before but it got worse that night. The anticipation of Santa coming...yes we do Santa but our kids know that Christmas is about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.


The boys played games of all sorts that night while Sara crashed at 6:30 pm. I baked out birthday cake for Jesus while we enjoyed watching the Christmas Eve service at Venice A/G ( http://www.veniceassembly.com/ ). What a blessing it was to be able to worship from afar with cherished friends in Venice from here in Illinois via the internet! What a blessing the internet can be! When Sean finally got home from working we got the boys in bed and just as "Santa" began unpacking the gifts who should appear in the doorway...nope it wasn't 8 tiny reindeer...it was our Sara who thought she heard Santa come in the door.

Needless to say we finally convinced her to head back to bed and we finished playing Santa by 2:30 am. Sean in his pj's (t-shirt) and I in my gown had just settled down for a short winters nap when what do my tired ears hear....two little boys trying to sneak into the living room! Ahh mom has great ears...go back to bed boys...(4:00am) by 6 am the boys were back to sleep...mom so tired was finally able to get to that shorter winters nap.

At 7:30 I hear two little boys plea but, "The sun is up can we please!" I just chuckle and say go wake your dad and by 8 all 4 were ready to to see all that Santa had left under our tree. But before we do Daddy gets his Bible and we read the true Christmas story of Jesus' birth. Then the kids tear into the gifts. Smiles, laughter, screaming "look what I got!" was heard through the house...as mom and dad wished for our soft pillows and heavy quilt to take us back to that winter's nap.


The kids had a great time. The boys room has been officially "Transformed" with Transformer posters and bedding as well has many Transformer toys...thank you Granma Dede and MacMac. Sara now has a beautiful pink plaid comforter and lots of dollies, ponies and things to go with, oh and her Princess dress up clothes (thank you Dede & MacMac). They were showered with gifts from Florida and NY (thank you Nannie and Aunt Michele& Uncle Joe). They got everything they asked for and then some. Thankfully they all only really wanted one special gift.... Sara - a new baby, Eli - Yellowbee (Bumblebee Transformer), Kris - a orange robot, and Jaron - UB Funkeys game set. Made our Christmas shopping so much easier!


As for Sean and I, we didn't ask for gifts. Sean purchased us a nice camera and that was to be it. But naturally we gave each other a few small things. The kids and I gave Sean a large thermos for work...he needs his coffee when he does those overnight shifts, and a Work Hard Pray Harder t-shirt. Sean and the kids gave me some nice perfume and some much needed make up. Good job Honey! Sean and I will celebrate 11 yrs of marriage on Jan 4th. His wedding band has broken too many times and I have wanted to get him a new one.

Thanks to my Mom and Dad, I have been able to do that this Christmas as well. I planned to wait till our anniversary but I just couldn't hold out. My grandma had a boyfriend of over 25 years, he went to be with the Lord in 1998. He is the only "grandfather" I knew from my mom's side. Anyway, mom knew how much I wanted to get Sean a ring and she just happened to have Bob's father's ring. She graciously got it sized and sent it to me to give to Sean. Sean I know will cherish it. It looks so good on his hand. I know he will wear it with pride and honor just as he has the ring I placed on his hand so many years ago. Thank you Mom and Dad! We love you!

The rest of the day on Christmas was spent burning the wrapping and making the dinner. Oh and we were so blessed by the church. They took up a Christmas offering for us. It was enough to take our kids to the movies and spend time doing something different as a family.


We do not go to the movies that often. Just to go to a matinee as we did yesterday (saw "Waterhorse"-great movie!) cost us $35 and that was without including any concessions. Sure wish we had a $2 movie place like we did in Morehead, KY! The movie was worth the money we spent, definately worth it! It's not a cartoon either and the twins, Eli and Sara who are only 3 loved it! They all did fantastic, it made us proud to take them out and they behaved so well!


No comments: