Aug 16, 2013

Changes

Right now our family is going through a lot of stressful changes.  Not only are we in the process of finding a house to buy but we also have the maintence of the home we are renting (have to finish painting) on top of home schooling (Monday is our first official day) and then there is youth ministry and just daily life. I am tired just thinking about it and I haven't even started school stuff with the kids yet. This whole house hunting thing is really over whelming.  We have dreamed of owning our own home since before we got married. We have been praying about it for over a year and finally decided to just take a leap and see if we could qualify for a loan. Well we have qualified for a USDA Rural Housing Loan.  It is primarily for low income families and we fit that category right now.  Anyway, so we got pre-approval because I do not want to find a house and then be told sorry you can't get a loan and not only crush our own hopes but the hopes of the seller.
   So we have started looking for homes and it has not gone all that well.  In fact I have been looking for 8 months via the internet, newspapers, realty books.  I have found many I like but when we drive by them they look terrible or we get info from the selling realty and find out they have leaking roofs, plumbing issues, mold or other major repairs that need to be done.  To say discouraged is an understatement.  BUT GOD!
  I truly believe God is going to guide us to the right home for our family.  I have no doubt about that.  I just need to be patient....there's that word again!  Geez I really do not like that word but I do trust that God is in the back ground working all things for good according to His plan for our family. It still isn't easy but I am praying we will be in our new home by Christmas.  That would be great!

No comments: