Feb 1, 2012

Who Knew...

...that vitamin D was so important for adults.  Sure most of us have heard of "rickets" in children who do not get enough vit D. But adults?  So for a while now I have been battling chronic fatigue, all over body aches that include muscles and joints, headaches, sleeplessness, just complete BLAH!  SO I go for a routine check up and mention all of these things to the doc and she orders blood work.  Yesterday I got a call saying my labs were in and my vit D levels were extremely low. According to the labs 40 points too low.  UGH!  Well at least I know what is wrong and it's fixable. Can someone say BEACH VACATION PLEASE!!?!  Oh the joys of living up north.  Sure we are in the mid-states and not where they have nonstop snow or cold but we do have 4-5 months of cloudy weather and temps that keep you from staying in the sun.  Sigh!
   I am thankful it is fixable...with high does of vit D supplement for 3 months and then more labs and we will go from there.  By then it will be spring and closer to summer and time to just soak in the sun.  I can't wait!!!

    On a very much happier note God has provided through our tax refund for us to purchase a new van!  Well it's new to us!  I have to share that I have been praying that God would supply a used van that had lower than 75K miles and would cost no more than $3000.  Well my parents, bless their hearts, found us one!  YAY!!!  Actually it was for sale for $3800 and one of the salesmen said they would take $3000 and it only has 63K miles, it's a 1995 Olds Mobile Silhouette.  I am so happy!  Our old van died.  Oh it's fixable but who whats to keep pouring money into a van that just keeps breaking down?   Uhm NOT US!  So we now wait for my parents to bring it to us.  Soon we hope but we may have to wait till May.  Oh how I hope that changes soon!    Having one car is tough.  It barely fits a family of six and honestly the joys of driving my husband to work every night is tiring.  But so thankful he has a job and we still have one car that works!  So here are a few pictures of our new van...


Oh and get this!  This van was garaged, the 5 back seats NEVER sat in and it has never left the state of Florida.  It was used by an older couple who only drove it when they were being seasonal residents!  What a true blessing to our family.  Can't wait to get it home!  Thank you Jesus!  We asked, believed and You once again provided for our needs!

No comments: