May 2, 2012

Surgery

My baby boy Eli had surgery today, had his tonsils and adnoids removed.  He was a nervous wreck as we waited in the room and the nurse was preparing him for surgery.  He was laughing, goofing off and I knew it was all nerves.  He was so brave when they took him back.  Sean was at home with Sara and Kris, both were not feeling well so he stayed with them and Jaron went with me.   I am so thankful Jaron was with me.  The surgery didn't take long but it was nice to have him to talk to.
    I am happy to say that all went well but the poor little guy is so sad tonight.  He is in a lot of pain as expected.  Kristofer had his removed when he was 3 or 4 but I don't remember him being in this much pain.  Maybe it was because he was so much younger, I'm not sure.  I just wish I could take his place.  Take his pain....
  

No comments: