Jun 1, 2010

Summer has begun...

and boy is it hot! Today the first day of June and we are already seeing temps in the 90s...which is unseasonally hot for our area. We have two more days and we will be heading south to FLORIDA to see my nephew graduate from high school. He is the first of the neices and nephews to graduate so its a pretty big deal. Actually I am amazed at how many graduation ceremonies places have now days. There are preschool graduations, Kindergarden graduations, elementary school, junior high and then high school graduations. Goodness I dont ever remember any of these when I was in school. Well except the high school one.
Anyway, so today I have a bunch of things to get finished before we head south for our very long car ride...15-16 hours...ugh! Lately we have been enjoying going to Ferne Clyffe State Park. Through one area of picnic spots there is a creek that runs through it. It is a dry creek meaning there is only a few spots that have water in them, it more than likely was started as a drainage ditch that quickly grew into something more but then again it is full of river stone so who knows. Either way in some areas it is absolutely beautiful. I always forget to take my camera when we go but this past Friday we were finally able to take Sean with us (the kids and I). Sean has never been there so it was a nice treat to show him around.

No comments: