Apr 21, 2009

Daily Devotional

Every week I receive a daily devotional from Moments for Moms. This week's devotional is something I think many people need to read so I am posting it here.


April 21, 2009

Volume 4, Number 16

This e-newsletter you requested from the National Women's Department, brings wisdom and insight to moms with children of all ages.

God’s Perfect Plan

Key Scripture: Jeremiah 29:10–14

This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile" (NIV).

Mom’s Reflection

In this passage we see the Lord’s reassurance to His people. Yes, they were going to go through captivity, but God wanted them to know that He would hear their prayers. He wanted them to know that, despite difficult circumstances and all appearances to the contrary, He still had a great plan for their lives.

We all need reassurance at times, don’t we? Whether we’re going through a long-term challenge or a short-term frustration, there is a tremendous comfort in knowing God has a bigger plan—and a good plan—in mind. I’m sure the Israelites were thinking that seventy years in captivity was not a good plan, but God reassured them that He would give them a future and a hope. He let them know He intended to restore their fortunes and bring them back to their own land.

We have the same assurance. Not only does God have a plan for us, but it’s a good plan. What’s more, God promises to listen to our prayers. When we seek Him, we will find Him. What a powerful message for us and for our families!

My Prayer

“Powerful God, I praise You because You have a good plan for my life. I praise You because You are able to carry out that plan in Your time and in Your way. I trust Your love for me. Thank You for hearing my prayers. Thank You for the way You work in my life far beyond what I can see. Help me to continue to seek You all the days of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.”

This week I’m praying for: ____________________

My Choices

This week I will choose to rejoice in the fact that God has a plan for my life.
This week I will choose to rejoice in the fact that God has a plan for my children’s lives.
This week I will choose to rest in the fact that God’s plan is a good plan.
This week I will choose to: ____________________
For Further Reading: Jeremiah 29–31

Nothing whatever surprises God; all things that happen are absolutely certain from all eternity because they are all embraced in God’s plan.
―J. Gresham Machen

O Lord, help me not to despise or oppose what I do not understand.
―William Penn


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reprinted from The Power of a Positive Mom Devotional and Journal by Karol Ladd, Howard Publishing Co., Inc., ©2006.

No comments: