Sep 22, 2008

How do I spell relief...

JESUS & SCHOOL! Yes in that order! Without Jesus by my side I am not sure I would know how to handle everything our family is going through with Kristofer. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with the OT this morning. Thank goodness that we have an OT that loves my Kristofer and sees the potential that we see in him. She is not ready to throw in the towel and for that I am so grateful! I am also grateful that she is a Christian and prays for him. She has started a new routine with him today...starting with all kinds of sensory input and sensory games. We are praying that this will make a huge difference for him. She cares so much for him that she made a way to spend an hour with him on Monday and Wed mornings instead of the 30 mins she had been spending. She is ready to stand next to us and fight for and with him through this really rough patch! YAY! I love having the support and not just verbal support from people at school that work with our son! She is willing to do what ever is needed. Right now we are praying that all the intervention she is instilling in to his day at school that it will make it easier as he goes through this rough time. If things for some reason get worse then we have a plan for that too. We are praying we won't have to go that direction. I am just glad we have some direction for him right now.
S C H O O L...does spell relief. It may sound terrible but I am so glad that I have at least 2 1/2 hours a day that all four kids are at school out of the house. It gives me time to think, pray and get a few things done that need to be done when they are not here. Momma's need alone time and I take that time for me to spend with God, with Sean (when he isnt sleeping) and time to just be quiet. Lately I have spent it talking with teachers but this week I am hoping to really concentrate on getting this in order around here so that when all 4 are home and can fully concentrate on Kristofer to help him work through what ever issues he is dealing with and the others as they need my help.

No comments: